Mark Sargeant’s Indian Coconut bread
Quick and easy to make, now there's no reason why you can't have a curry every week.
75g self-raising flour
50g Groovy Food Virgin Coconut Oil
Pinch of sea salt
Extra flour for dusting
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl with a good pinch of sea salt then add enough yoghurt to form a medium soft dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes then wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 20 minutes. When nice and chilled dust a work surface with flour and roll the dough out into one large rectangle.
- With a spoon, spread the coconut oil over the dough then fold the dough back in on its self so that you have four sealed ends and the coconut oil is all contained inside.
- Chill the dough to set the oil for about 5 minutes then carefully roll it out again, this time just folding it back. By doing this you are mixing layers of the oil through the bread.
- Chill again and repeat once more. Once the dough is nice and cold and firm divide the mixture into two and roll out one piece into a circle about 15cm/5-inches in diameter.
- Heat a heavy frying pan until hot adding a little coconut oil then add a paratha and cook for about 1 minute.
- Continue to cook as above for a total of 1-2 minutes, turning frequently. Repeat with the second paratha. Serve hot.