Mark Sargeant’s Roast Squash Salad
Lettuce and tomato salads will become a thing of the past once you've tried this dish.
1 butternut squash
Groovy Food High Five Oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small dried red chilli
1 tsp fennel seeds
20 slices of Parma ham
4 handfuls of watercress
6 tbsps Groovy Food Omega Cool Oil
4 tbsps cider vinegar
1 small block of Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C then cut the squash in half. Remove the seeds then cut into quarters.
- Place the squash on a baking tray and rub all over with the high five oil then sprinkle over some salt, pepper, dried chilli and finally the fennel seeds.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes until soft, then remove and keep warm.
- Mix together the omega cool oil with the cider vinegar to make a dressing and check the seasoning then gently break up the squash and divide it between four warm plates.
- Lay the Parma ham slices over the warm squash then scatter over the watercress.
- Drizzle the dressing over and then finish with shavings of fresh parmesan and some freshly ground black pepper.